Caribbean Fish Roast
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Caribbean Jerk seasoning*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 red and/or green bell pepper, cut lengthwise into 8ths
- 1-¼ pounds cod, sea bass or other mild fish with fillets at least 1 inch thick, cut into 4 pieces
- 8 green onions (scallions), trimmed to 5 inches long
- 4 ears husked fresh Supersweet corn, cut into thirds
Preheat oven to 500°F. In a cup, combine lime juice, oil, Caribbean seasoning and salt. Place peppers on lightly-oiled jelly roll pan or rimmed baking sheet; brush with lime-juice mixture. Roast 5 minutes. Add fish, green onions and corn on pan with peppers; brush with remaining lime juice mixture. Roast just until fish is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove to platter and serve. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
*If not available, make your own using 1 teaspoon dried thyme, ½ teaspoon ground allspice, ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt.
YIELD: 4 portions