A sweet corn salad is always delicious, but the best corn is only available during a limited season. When you have access to Sweet Corn, it is best to take advantage of it. One way to utilize this delicious treat is within a salad.
This simple to make, tasty to eat, and best of all, there is no cooking involved; just chopping and mixing. Because there it does not contain mayonnaise or dairy, this corn salad does not need to be refrigerated, making it perfect for a summer picnic or outdoor grilling session.
This recipe uses radishes and zesty lime dressing and could easily become one of your favorite corn salad recipes.
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt and
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 6 tablespoons chopped cilantro, loosely packed
- 2 green onions, including some green part, chopped
In a blender or food processor, puree the lime juice, jalapeño, honey, cumin, salt and pepper. With the machine running, slowly add the oil and blend until smooth and emulsified. Pour the dressing into a small bowl and set aside. With a sharp knife, cut the corn kernels from the cobs to make about 4 cups. Place the corn kernels in a bowl and toss with the radishes, cilantro, green onions and the dressing.
YIELD: 6 portions