Sweet Corn on the Cob Salad
- 4 ears fresh Supersweet Corn
- 4 cups romaine lettuce torn in bite-sized pieces
- 3 cups cooked chicken cut in strips 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion (scallion)
- ½ cup bottled blue cheese dressing
Remove husks from Southern Supersweet Corn; cut each ear into thirds. In a large pot bring about 2 inches water to a boil; add Supersweet Corn; cover and cook until tender, about 4 minutes; drain; set aside. On four serving plates arrange lettuce, chicken and cooked Supersweet Corn, dividing evenly. Top each with bacon, onion and a drizzle of blue cheese dressing.
YIELD: 4 portions (5 cups)